Tuesday, August 7, 2007

So I have been filling out pages and pages of Moleskine notebooks with observations from local coffee shops. Yes most of them are from Starbucks and others are from other places like Dunkins, but every now and then I will venture off from the coffee shops and sketch people in different settings. Some may include the subway, post office, park, etc....but mostly these sketches are done at Starbucks and Dunkin. I am now on Notebook number 5. I can already see how much my drawings have changed from Notebook 1 to Notebook 5. My drawings have become bigger and more darker. I also stuck to the black pen that I love. Every so often I will post some of these pictures that I draw in less than 15 minutes or so. Some people can tell that I am drawing them. Others don't even realize. Some people move around or leave a bit early before I can finish the drawing. It's a great challange and I carry my sketchbook everywhere. Since I am a mother, I try to squeeze in time to draw. Lately my time is during her drop off classes. So here goes. I will post some photos up soon.

No comments: